Auckland University Heritage Walk
2h 45m 36
The University of Auckland Business School is proud to establish the University Heritage Trail through the Business History Project as our gift to the City of Auckland in 2005.The City Campus has gradually spread out over a site that has a rich, multi-faceted history. A Māori kainga (village) called Rangipuke was originally situated on what is now the Albert Park hill. From 1840, European settlement intensified and the Princes Street/Waterloo Quadrant area began to acquire a diverse range of public buildings. From the 1870s, elegant, substantial private homes for the city's business and professional elite began to line both Princes and Symonds Streets.